Sunday 5 February 2017

Out in the fog


I'm quite liking these foggy mornings.  Mid-Jan, and a stroll by the scenic route (alright, not that scenic) through Keighley after dropping The Childs at school gave the opportunity for a few photos.


The lighting allowed for a few moody shots with a slightly blue tint...


...but worked better in greyscale.  However, the water above blocking the path turned out to be from a burst pipe which was pumping raw sewerage onto the path (did I mention this was the scenic route?) so I beat a hasty retreat and vowed to burn my footwear as a precaution, even though I'd avoided the in-the-loosest-sense water.

Back on a nicer path, and the sun was trying to break through.


I do like how even though this is spitting distance from an industrial estate on one side and a council estate on the other, you could almost be out in the countryside.


Down by the river Worth, a shame more isn't made of this corridor of greenery, you wouldn't really know it was there if just passing.


Down in the water, the remains of a safe, which obviously wasn't very...  There's always something interesting to photograph dumped in this river, if you happen to like that sort of thing.

A final moody greyscale shot.  Maybe one of these mornings I'll be able to photograph this spot in nice sunlight.





No comments:

Post a Comment