Friday 6 November 2020

KWVR Broadsides


Well, back into Lockdown we go.  I'd just been getting used to doing regular railway pictures too.  Stupid plague.  Ironically there IS a train running on the KWVR today, just a diesel shunter at Ingrow that we saw whilst I was picking up Younger Child on way back from school, but too far away for a decent pic just with the phone.

Anyway, in happier times at the tail end of the summer, I (Ben) got asked to take some photographs for the redesign of the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway website.  I like any excuse to go out taking train pictures of course, so I was happy to comply (and not like we could go anywhere else with the increasing lockdown at this point).


Getting my eye-in during the week leading up to it, whilst taking The Childs for a walk around our usual patch at Damems.  Running out of locations for pics around here.


We hung around for a couple of hours, playing in the woods between trains, until the usual ne'erdowells on their scrambler bikes turned up to hoon it around on the footpaths.


Lighting was a bit annoying, but it promised to be better at the weekend.


We decided to head up to Oxenhope for the pics I'd been asked to take- close-up broadside shots of the carriages in use.  Two trains were running that day, each with special carriages (and one of the last occasions where the vintage stock would be out before being tucked away for the cold winter months).


Being as it would be nesscessary, though boring, just taking broadside shots, I decided to get the pics where the trains were running tender-first back from Oxenhope, which meant I could get some 'nicer' shots of trains with the locomotives smokebox first.  The above shot, and a couple of others, ended up being used by the railway in their promotional emails.


One of my favourite locomotives, the 'house liveried' 2MT.



Autumn it might be, but at least the sky was blue, the sun was out, the trees were green and the flowers were pink.


Here's another one from another day, as I was trying to get a shot of one I missed on the Saturday...


And another from Damems.  It's getting trickier to get shots around here; quite apart from people with massive dogs off the lead, and the scrambler bikes racing round the footpaths, the smallholding at the end of Damems Lane has been letting one of their dogs run wild, and I got chased off.  Ah Damems, going back to how it was about a decade ago.  Just need some random junkies now and it'll complete the set.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment