Sunday 16 January 2022

Welsh Pony 2021


Back on the Ffestiniog for these pics at the end of summer 2021; and specifically trying to get shots of my (Ben's)  all-time favourite locomotive, "Welsh Pony".


Restored in 2020, and suddenly finding itself in intensive use for the Covid timetable, "Welsh Pony" has had a very busy couple of years.  After spending quite a lot of my childhood visits to Porthmadog climbing over the semi-derelict hulk in the 90's, I managed to get a couple of pictures last year, not long after it entered back into traffic.


It had a repaint and lining-out however for 2021, so I wanted to get some more up to date pictures.  


Also, I'd built a model of it for the garden railway over the first Lockdown, and want to update and rebuild the model so I needed to get some new prototype shots before I commence the work.  The model was built when everything was shut, from upcycled bits of scrap and plumbing parts, and now model shops are open again I want to have another crack at it.


I ended up resorting to greyscale for many of the shots, on what was a day of very changeable weather.


Having had some success framing locomotives with flowerbeds on the KWVR, I thought I'd have another go here whilst they were still looking so pretty.


All in all, a successful jaunt; I have some nice pics, but more importantly, the information I need to significantly upgrade my model...






 

No comments:

Post a Comment