Friday 3 November 2017

Welsh Highland Railway, Glaslyn and Pont Croeser


Wales in the summer for this update, some railway and landscape pics around the Welsh Highland Railway...



The locomotives of the Welsh Highland Railway are impressive mechanically, but don't necessarily look that photogenic due to their design.  Still, I (Ben) haven't managed that many train pics this summer so thought it worth trying to get a few pics.


Down by the Glaslyn at Pont Croeser.  Interestingly I found some old photographs I'd taken from about ten years back, before the railway had been rebuilt here, so I might try to do some now/then stuff in a future blog.




Further up the Glaslyn, I got some more pics around Aberglaslyn and the pass near Beddgelert.


Not too bad, but I do prefer photographing trains on the Ffestiniog, where the locomotives are a little more on the interesting/eccentric side, so some pics from that line will appear in a future update.


No comments:

Post a Comment