Tuesday 1 February 2022

Greenery around Utley


Somewhat aware that the blog has been a bit railway photography-heavy of late, as something of a palette-cleanser, here's some greenery.  The outside world is a bit grey and dead at the moment, so here's some from a late-Spring/early summer walk to Utley.


After a few weeks of working from home, I (Ben) decided to go for a walk to clear my head one morning, and went a different way to normal, walking a road I don't usually do.  My eye was drawn first by this very old-looking path climbing the hill from the road...


...and not far away, a stream that had been artificially channelled into a pool at about chest-height to flow between these stones, to drop into a culvert next to the road.


All I had on me was my phone, but it did allow me to get in close.


Shame the light was a bit harsh though, slightly burned-out the pics, but I reckon coming back with the SLR on a nicer day to get some long-exposure shots.





Not strictly related, but whilst going back through folders I found some flower and wildlife shots taken as well, and given it's pretty grim out there at the moment, it seems worth posting something a bit jollier.  With a new Day Job on the horizon, the opportunity for strolls out to photograph stuff like this will probably be limited in 2022.



Wild garlic; oddly enough, something I associate with the 2020 Lockdowns, as the old railway embankment nearby was within our 1 Hour Walk, and was covered with these plants, so we'd walk past it most days.



And finally, a couple of shots from the garden, just more greenery.


Back to the railway photography next time, with a bit more from the surprisingly large number of shots (with published pics) from the end of 2020.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment