Saturday 26 February 2022

Keighley; a walk in the December fog


With the prospect of a new day job in the offing, I (Ben) hadn't been doing much photography in the run up to Christmas 2021, instead focussing on clearing the decks with the model-making stuff.  However, after dropping Younger Child off at school one December morning, I found myself needing to just go for a walk and get some pictures.


I hadn't got my SLR with me, annoyingly, but the camera on my phone is very good.  With some heavy fog rolling in, I started just randomly snapping away. 


Naturally, I thought I'd try for some train pics in the fog.  There wasn't anything 'special' coming along, even any goods trains, so it would be unlikely I'd get anything into print.  That said, I haven't done any shots of the normal, everyday services for a while, so it would give me an opportunity for some more up-to-date photos of the local railway scene.


Vexingly, Network Rail have installed a load of new, heavy-duty palisade fencing along this stretch, ruining a lot of the angles I'd normally use.


Up on the bridge, which at least gives some angles.




Further down towards the spot where the old level crossing used to be, near the cemetery bridge, the fencing has obscured things again, but at least the old stone wall has been left.  With a little precarious balancing atop it, you can still just about get a decent angle.


Of course, you're constantly aware that if you slip a little, you'll be impaling yourself, so this probably isn't a spot I'll be bothering with much in the future.



Slightly dissapointed, I headed back into Keighley.  The Worth Valley didn't have any machines moving, but as the fog was only slowly lifting, I thought I'd get some landscape shots.





By the time I neared Ingrow the fog had all but cleared.  Still, it had been nice to get out for a walk as a break from all the self-employed stuff, and I was aware that this might be the last such stroll just randomly taking pictures that I'd be doing for a while, with the new job about to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment