Sunday 20 August 2023

KWVR Vintage Trains sunday.


We're busy editing the pics from our trip to France, but here's something from before we went away, a bit of railway photography on a gloomy day.


I (Ben) had been looking forward to the return of the regular vintage trains on the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway, but typically the weather was murky, with a tuppaware sky.


Monochrome improved things a little bit.


Then it was up to Damems, as I thought the surroundings might be a little more interesting for photography.


Phone shot, through the gap between the gate and the post.


A very reflective smokebox on the Coal Tank, but again the gloomyness was playing hell with the light levels, and the camera was struggling somewhat.


Later that afternoon, Elder Child and I headed up to Oakworth, as I thought it might make for a nice rain-shot.  And then typically, the rain stopped, just leaving everything damp and gloomy.


Whilst awaiting the train, I took some reference pics for an upcoming miniatures project, where I need some shots of the metal advertising signs.



I'd like this as my shed.  Interestingly apparently the company that make these will do you a bespoke one, though it probably won't fit in our garden.



The train duly arrived; I think the poor weather had rather put people off, so there were no passengers getting on or off.


And waiting for the departure.  This would be the last bit of railway photography before France, where the rather better weather (actual sunshine!) improved things considerably



 

No comments:

Post a Comment