Wednesday 11 October 2023

Llandudno Trams through the town


Back to Wales after our day in Scarborough, and to Llandudno where we collected The Childs, and took my (Ben's) parents out to lunch to say thanks for watching them.


We always like visiting Llandudno, a nicely traditional seaside town.


From a photography point of view, the main thing I was after was a few more shots of the Llandudno cable trams, as reference for a project I'm planning on working on.


I'd got plenty of shots of the mountain end of the line last year, but needed some shots of the urban end of the tramway.  The nice weather was fading, and we were running out of time on the parking, so it was a bit more rushed than I'd hoped.


Luckily, the busy atmosphere of the town meant there were plenty of trams running, and after a few minutes wait, Car 4 trundled down the hill.



We hung around to get some pics as it left, though this was the only useful shot.  The angle was great, the lighting just about acceptable... and it was marred by the passenger who decided to lean out on seeing me and Elder Child, and make an extremely rude gesture at us, whilst smirking, all the way up the hill.  Aren't people lovely?  There's a reason I work building miniatures, and don't have to work around members of the pubic wherever possible...





 

No comments:

Post a Comment