Thursday 12 January 2017

A return to Hirst Wood- reflections and railways



More from the pre-Christmas posts, and a return to the old stomping grounds of Shipley and Hirst Wood.  Rather than get the train, I (Ben) thought I'd head back along the canal and through the woods between Saltaire and Bingley, all areas I used to do a lot of photography in.


With a somewhat dull and flat sky, I thought I better try and make the best of the reflections. 


Salts Mill... at least the canal was pleasantly dark and still.




Back into the woods, and a spot on the side of the river I used to regularly photograph on the walks to work about 7 years ago.



Interestingly a bridge had been removed, which isolated one of my old regular paths, though the stream was low enough to allow a bit of stepping-stone use.  It looks like someone got annoyed with the lack of bridge and made their own arrangements.


Not long after I got to Bingley I got a tip off that a special train, an excursion, was on its way, so I swapped to something a little better than my iPod camera and headed back out.  By now the sun was coming out, and lighting the scene a bit better.

Waiting for the train, and a class 333 heading south, just before...


The target, a Northern Belle tour from York to Lancashire and back.  My first photographs of the new Class 68 locos, which was nice... that damned equipment cabinet continues to rack me off though, almost could have been put there to foil railway photographers standing at the low fence at the end of the river bridge.


Nearly missed this, about five minutes later.  Again not the best angle given the surrounding clutter, but hey-ho.  Nice to be able to get back there again though and revisit the old locations...

No comments:

Post a Comment