Monday 30 January 2017

Return to York


First photography outing of 2017, and a trip back to the National Railway Museum at York.  Another location we visit a lot, but this was a specific research visit for something I'm making (more on the model making blog in a bit).  I only snapped a few 'random' photos this time, and again, constantly revisiting the place means I was struggling a tad for subject matter, but hey-ho.



Shooting in deeply contrasted black and white worked with the shot at the top of the blog, but less so with this Deltic... something about yellow, it never looks right in greyscale.



I really like the archive room, and I'd happily have the signal level panel as some sort of Wallace and Gromit-style apparatus in the house- you know, pull lever to switch on kettle, and so on...



My dream workshop, given I only have a folding table in the living room...


Three streamliners- love the GWR railcar in the centre, lovely bit of design...


A beatirful streamliner facing a Q1, the very epitome of austerity and brute functionalism... a nice design nonetheless.


Finally, a slightly over-cropped image of the 9F "Evening Star".

No comments:

Post a Comment