Tuesday 14 May 2019

Recently Published Pics- book, web, and mags...


I (Ben) have had a few more railway pics published recently; there's a bit more in the works, and a couple of larger articles on the way but I can't put a lot on the blog until some deadlines have passed, but here's a few other bits for now.  

Anyway, the above pic was a bit of a chance shot; a good resource for modern railway photographers is the website Real Time Trains, with anything unusual-looking on the timetable for that day generally being worth a look.  I had a couple of hours free which coincided with an odd working appearing, and I was pleasantly surprised by this class 50 on a single-wagon freight.  It hasn't been picked up by a mag (yet), but...


...another shot from the set made it as the Picture of the Day on the railwaycentre.com


Bit of a first for me, this- my first pics in a book rather than a mag.  


Showing what I tend to get noticed for, pics of industrial prototypes or smaller railways.  A shot from last summer on the wonderful Aln Valley Railway at Alnwick- that's actually my Father in Law having a go driving the class 04 look-alike loco.  Myself and Elder Child had a go driving it a bit later in the day too.


The other pic was from the Middleton Railway, and their gala last September.  That makes Five shots published in various mags from that gala.  We'll be going back to this friendly little line for another couple of visits this year, so hopefully the success will be repeated...


Finally, another pic not in a magazine as such; this time in a guide published by Todays Railways with guides on different ticket types, and a shot I got last summer whilst on one of our jollies to Wales.  Sprinter at Barmouth, having just come off the viaduct.



No comments:

Post a Comment