Wednesday 8 August 2018

RAF Cosford Air Show 2018


A bit of a delayed posting this one; we took a return trip to the RAF Cosford Air Display (100th anniversary of the RAF and all that, what-what).  Happily compared to the last time we visited the weather was much nicer this time, and though the flying display was a bit limited compared to the shows I'd been to as a child -the RAF is a bit smaller these days, even in its centenary year- there was a great deal of stuff on the ground.


It was exceedingly busy on the airfield, which meant we were struggling a bit for decent angles on the more interesting exhibits (such as the Tornado in the desert camo scheme).


This was the first time I'd managed to photograph a Phantom- useful visual reference for a miniature inspired by this aircraft, which I'll be doing later in the year...


English Electric Lightning.  The sky and sunshine was marvellous.



Two of the mothballed Jaguar fleet which form part of the training resource for the base.



The Red Arrows come hammering in over the hangars...




The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.


Compared to previous years, we were a bit limited for kit this time (as I'd lent my zoom lens to my Dad), so I thought I'd try some different compositions, with aircraft almost lost in the hazy cloud and blue sky.



Our last aircraft before we bailed off the airfield for the long drive home, the always impressive Chinook.


A good show, very enjoyable- and a chance to try a few new angles and styles of shooting, against that rather brilliant sky...

No comments:

Post a Comment