Sunday 23 September 2018

York NRM July 2018


Bit of an oldy for this post, a trip out to the National Railway Museum in York with the Younger Child (it was still the NRM at the time, it's since rebranded) back before the summer hols.


It wasn't exactly a photography trip; it was chucking it down so much I didn't want to use the SLR that day, so used the phone cam instead.  And likewise I wasn't trying for photographs so much, as I had The Child with me who has a limited patience for standing around getting photographs when she isn't the one with the camera.


I was glad to get some a few pics of the Stirling Single however, as I needed it for reference for a massive upcoming miniatures build.  Happily, with the loco on the turntable, I managed to get a ton of shots from varying angles without having to overly exert myself walking around...


We went for a ride on the miniature line in the rain, and to my annoyance I spotted what would have been good visual reference for the earlier Jabberwock project...


Back indoors out of the rain...


Using the phone I managed a couple of odd angles, but then with The Child in tow, it wasn't really a day for photography.


That said, impulsively sending off the pictures paid off, as the NRM was in the news (specifically 'Railways Illustrated') for undertaking a ground-breaking rebranding exercise, which -no doubt after much expensive consultation- saw them... shorten the name to "Railway Museum".  Possibly in karmic punishment for my cynicism about that decision, my pic was accidentally mis-credited as belonging to them, but hey-ho, that's life.


No comments:

Post a Comment