Friday 15 November 2019

DMU time again on the KWVR


I (Ben) have always had a soft spot for Class 101 DMU's, probably as a result of getting a Triang 00-gauge one which had been my dad's for my train set when I was young.  The Keighley and Worth Valley Railway have a class 101 which gets a great deal of use, and is probably in fact they're most consistently-rostered train.


With engineering work finished on the KWVR, the popular Railcar Wednesday timetable came back into use briefly for the Autumn, and I made the most of using the line as public transport to run errands on a couple of the Wednesdays, and got a few pics before the greenery fell off the trees and the weather turned.




Not a lot else to say really- sometimes it's nice to just keep my hand in, as it were, with railway photography, and it's certainly nicer to ride one of these units than use a bus for public transport locally (the buses are nice, and frequent, but as a rail enthusiast I'd prefer this anytime).



Managed to get a picture into the November Railways Illustrated too.  As I type this, I need to edit some more pics shot on the KWVR of their other diesel railbus, which has just returned to service... wish the weather had been this nice mindyou.


No comments:

Post a Comment