Wednesday 23 September 2020

A bit more Bridge 11


Just a short post today- I've had a lot to do with Bridge 11 on the KWVR lately.  It's been a regular haunt for photography generally, and until the recent rebuilding work it was one of the spots lesser-visited by other photographers, so I tended to have it to myself.  Anyway, the protracted replacement (caused by good old Lockdown) of the structure has finally come to an end.


Anyway, I was in the right place at the right time (in sunlight, huzzah!) to catch the first southbound run of a steam loco on one of the 'ghost trains' testing out the timetable ready for reopening, got a couple of shots, and sent them off to the mags on the off chance.


Steam Railway bit, and in fact used four of my shots for an article they wrote in the September issue.  The shot of "Royal Scot" was taken in 2019.


They used a shot from when I was attached for the day to the Civils team, getting some photographs for the railway in-house mag...


...and another shot I took more recently on a Boris-ercise walk with The Childs.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment