Wednesday 7 July 2021

Blue Pullman in the landscape at Ribblehead Viaduct, Spring 2021


We've a busy few days getting ready for a couple of exhibition entries this week, so here's a short blog post from some railway photography done earlier in the year, up at Ribblehead.  This was a bit of a last-minute trip out to get pics, as the combination of a day off, decent weather, and having transport all co-incided at the last minute.


I (Ben) haven't been able to get out to the Settle-Carlisle recently, as the weekday timetable now makes it impossible for me to get up there on the train and back in time for the school run, but Father-in-Law had a day off too and we fancied a drive out.


The target for the day was this, the rather magnificent Blue Pullman on a crew training run.  Locomotive Services Limited have re-liveried a High Speed Train into the livery of the 60's pioneer luxury train, and I'd been dying to see this; it was supposed to work some excursions through my patch of Yorkshire in Dec and Jan but the lockdown put paid to that.  


The only problem was that we struggled to get here through the traffic on the local roads in time, and so couldn't get closer to the tracks before it arrived.  On the down side, I didn't have a zoom lens with me, but on the plus side, it stood out nicely for a 'train in the landscape' type shot, and this is the first time in a while I've been up here and had the sun on this side of the viaduct.


I ended up sending off some high-res versions of the last two shots here, but I don't know if they were chosen for publication or not yet.  In the meantime, better crack on with framing the work for the first exhibition drop off...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment