Monday 30 January 2023

A brutalist car park in Stratford on Avon


Just a quick post tonight, with a few shots taken in a car park.  I'll admit that at first glance that does strike as us being very much scraping the barrel for subject matter, but  actually there were some interesting angles and odd bits of colour which caught my eye. 


Its probably down to growing up in the Midlands, but I have a bit of a thing for brutalist architecture.


Seeing if the stairwell looks any better in greyscale.


Particularly spooky and atmospheric?  Then again, I find most brutalist concrete structures of this era quite atmospheric, and just a tad unpleasant.


If anything it seemed more sinister with a car there in shot.


...and in greyscale, again.  I quite liked that in a stereotypically 'twee' (supposedly) Stratford on Avon there was a manky 60's structure like this within a few minutes of Shakespeare's birthplace.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment