More from the KWVR Diesel Gala- this time, riding the Thursday morning goods train. Actually the above picture is Friday morning, but it was such a nice shot to open the post with, I couldn't resist.
On the actual Friday, this was our loco- the gorgeous 55009, thundering away at the head of the train.
Off we go- I started on the rear veranda of the brake van, as the Deltic was chucking up a load of oil from the engine on the climb out of Keighley. The group on the lead veranda looked like they'd been spray painted before we reached Damems.
Speaking of, the visiting 37 at Damems loop.
Heading for the tunnel...
...and emerging from same.
Racing up through the fields between Haworth and Oxenhope.
At Oxenhope, the Deltic swapped out for a 31, and that meant I was at the tail end of the freight.
That meant some nice shots from the brake. Oakworth...
...and Damems. I've been enjoying these rides at the galas; have to make this a habit I keep up.











No comments:
Post a Comment