Monday 8 April 2019

Mini-Update... Published pics, open calls, sculpture builds, and such...


It's been a little quiet on here of late, but mainly because we've both been up to a lot of work which will hopefully come to completion shortly.

First up, a glimpse of a project Amy is experimenting with for an Open Call, freezing industrial objects, machine parts and so on before backlighting and photographing them- more on this in a future post...


Then there have been some more of my (Ben's) shots in print, two more pictures taken whilst on outings with The Childs... first, a shot of the preserved diesel shunter at Eureka! The Childrens Museum in Halifax...


...and a chance shot at the Worth Valley whilst on the school run.


Speaking of the Worth Valley, I managed a few shots at the steam gala, but the weather was very poor, and I was competing with about 400 other photographers as usual, so haven't got anything into the mags from it (the more established photographers got their shots in as usual- I tend to do better with diesel galas or industrial subject matter, so I'm not surprised or that bothered to be fair).

I've been working on some articles though to appear in the railway press, again more on that in a future post when they're done, but it's taken up a fair bit of time this last month.


The other big project which has been consuming my time is an open call entry- miniature sculpture and photography project combined, because I wanted control over the atmospherics and lighting, and because (with one exception which is a museum) I'm about 60 years too late to photograph in a real steam locomotive shed.


Much more on this in a future post, as I've got another shoot with it all coming up later in the week...



No comments:

Post a Comment