Monday 24 July 2023

More from the Middleton Railway


The Middleton Railway hosted the Leeds Steampunk Market at the start of July; Elder Child and Younger Child were both wanting to cosplay, and we headed over.  We'd last been to the event pre-Covid, and enjoyed it, but there'd been some doubt if this one would go ahead due to the tragic death of one of the organisers.


A shade dissapointingly we were only free on the Saturday, when it would be diesel-hauled trains, not steam (a lot of railways are economising by running diesels on some days; it doesn't massively bother me, because I'm an enthusiast for diesel traction, but it didn't do much for the atmosphere of steam technology on the day).  We also managed to snag a spot on the balcony of the carriage.






So yeah, just a few shots from the train, as I didn't have a proper camera with me, just my phone.  A nice day out though, and we bought some lovely bits of home-made crafting from the market (getting in early with the Christmas pressies, I kid you not).


Also some handy reference shots for a planned miniature shoot that's coming up in a few weeks...



 

No comments:

Post a Comment