Friday 23 August 2024

Model railway photography, high in the hills...


Having recently downsized my (Ben's) garden railway collection, in favour of a new, smaller-scale set up, I'd build a kit of a diesel to try out 32mm gauge.  I'd planned to get some shots of it for a possible piece for a mag, but thought I'd do something a bit more creative up in the hills whilst we were in Wales.


Lacking a railway yet, I knocked up a folding photoplank using some scrap Mamod track and hanging basket liner (it needed to be small enough to easily carry).


Up on location, in the hills above Tanygrisau.


Assuming I get around to re-starting it again, I'll post more about the build on the model-making blog, but it's an IP Engineering Kit of a Deutz diesel shunter.  It's towing a Binnie skip wagon, which I built for a shoot up here a couple of years ago.


Waterfall on the way up.




I'd built up a few wagons from various manufacturers too, to have something to shoot the model with.






The pics turned out better than I'd hoped, helped enormously by the nice weather, and in fact we bailed out a bit early because it was just a bit too exposed and sunny up there on the hillside (we stopped off here following our Bodnant trip, and were needing to also do a night shoot later).


Back at the accommodation, I snapped a few slightly more conventional shots for the planned article too.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment