Friday 2 August 2024

Wressle Brickyard Farm; the Garden



The main point of the trip around East Yorkshire was a visit to the Wressle Brickyard Farm.  It was open for the National Open Gardens Scheme, marking me (Ben) out as painfully Middle Aged according to the playful teasing by some of my younger colleagues at work.


The main point of the visit (of course, this is me I'm talking about) was for a railway.  It's a good mark of good old British charming eccentricity that you build your own railway line in the grounds of your house, and with the space and money, I'd happily do the same.  More on the railway aspect in a separate post.


A shame about the weather, but hey-ho.  If anything I actually struggled to get shots of the place without people wandering around, it was heavingly busy which seemed to have caught the owner and volunteers by surprise.  That said, it was featured on the BBC news a couple of weeks before it opened, and that seemed to have bought out the crowds.










Lots of detail shots for planning the article inspired by this place (a Hornby build), and more on the railway aspect of it shortly in another post.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment