Monday 5 August 2024

Wressle Brickyard Farm; the Railway


As mentioned in the last post, the main purpose of the visit to the National Open Garden Scheme open day at Wressle Brickyard Farm was for the railway.  Colin Shutt, the late owner, did exactly what every railway enthusiast would do in the same circumstances, and built himself a railway line in his garden.


It does rather put my own efforts in G scale to shame.


The loco, a lovely little Ruston and Hornsby 48ds.  I really, really like these dinky little machines, I have several of the Hornby 00 versions and had been looking for prototypes for them for layout builds for the Hornby Collectors Club.



One little loco, two wagons.  This is pretty much really is a full size trainset in the garden.




Lots of inspiration for a planned layout build.  Usually, I just knock up a quick diorama for photographs to accompany an article, but I'm doing this as a proper micro layout build I can use in the future...


Pic from the visit published in Heritage Railway this month.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment