Friday 22 December 2023

KWVR; trains in the snow, December 2023


A flurry of snow the other week prompted me (Ben) to pop out and get some pics on the railway, my first for a while.


The snow rather caught me by surprise on the Wednesday night; not a vast amount of it, but enough to make the valley look pretty, and it was cold enough to hang around for a few days.


In between other jobs and chores at the weekend, I nipped out a few times, just local hops.


A walk up to the woods at Damems...



...and my usual spot, down by the river, in time for the morning 'Elf Explorer' with 75078 on the front.


37075 on the back.


144011 heading north straight after, the shot I was happier with of the three.


After a walk back to the house and a trip to the shops, I ended up back in the woods.


This time, via the cunning use of a pair of wellies, I crossed the river, and took advantage of the winter die-back of the undergrowth to get a lineside shot.  This one achieved by shoving the camera through the fence, but then I've been struggling to get shots along this line that other photographers, or even myself after nearly two-decades of photographing around here, haven't done to death.


Looking for angles for the Pacer coming past next, I struggled a little with this embankment.


A bit of handy tree-climbing however gave me the elevation I needed.  A lot of photographers these days use poles to elevate the cameras, or even go to the extent of using drones, but nothing quite so high-budget for me.


Definitely something to try again on a less-manky afternoon.


And with that, a walk back to the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment