Wednesday 13 December 2023


The Saturday after Whitby, and immediately before an overnight in Wrexham, I (Ben) spent a manic couple of hours racing around the Worth Valley taking pics of Diesel Multiple Units.


It was a mini gala, with the fleet of railcars, one of the highlights being the Class 101 which has been repainted into British Rail Blue.


I was determined to try and photograph this unit; when I was but a child, my first exposure to trains was seeing units like this on the level crossing in Langley Green, from my pushchair.



The weather was a bit manky, so I ended up looking for some interesting camera angles.  It suited the slightly 70's atmosphere of the livery.


I headed down to an old favourite haunt, near Mytholmes Tunnel.



Less successful, down to the river at Keighley.


My favourite location, which never gets published admittedly.


Last shot of the morning (in fact this was a single return working by the unit, all I had time to photograph, racing up and down the valley chasing the train).  Then it was off to Wrexham, but with a plan to get some more pics on the Sunday afternoon.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment